Friday, January 14, 2011

This Made Me Mad...urggggggggh !

My dog Frida went to get groomed this morning.  My DH took her to a place where she'd only been to once because her usual groomer kind of just disappeared. He use to come to the house and groom her here, which I really like because I saw how she was being treated.  OMG, you have no idea what a day it was for me.  When he went to pick her up and brought her home I noticed that she looked like she hadn't been groomed at all except for her face and somewhat her paws.  The worst part was when I looked at her tummy she looked like she'd been cut or something.  I was FURIOUS.  I wasn't feeling well but with my oxygen and all I HAD to go there and show them what had been done and why.  They could tell I was angry but they didn't seem to care much.  They said that the dog was misbehaving and had bitten one of the people holding her.  OK, why didn't they call me right away and tell me she wasn't letting them groom her so we could go and help or pick her up.  I know I need to report this to someone but I don't know where...can anyone help.  I live in the Caribbean.  I'm posting these pictures and I'm hoping that some of you can let me know what you think.  I would surely appreciate it.



OK, the first 2 are the marks on her belly and the last one is proof of a very bad grooming.  Does she look like she got her hair cut....come on...give me a break. I'm telling you, I haven't gotten this angry in a very long time.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear...you seem to have good reason to be angry/and or disappointed. Your poor baby. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yolanda-I'm so sorry this happened to your dog! They should have called you!! Poor puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH MY GOD....I am soooo sorry. I didn't know why you were having a bad day... I can totally understand now. My husband said he would have "Went Ape Shit" what ever that means... That is so horrible and unacceptable. I would start with the Better Business Bureau if they have one there. Also maybe seek compensation for medical care from the place where you took her. Oh My... how are you doing? Did they show you were your dog supposedly bit someone... you know she didn't, they just said that... how convenient. I share in your anger! OK>>>> I need a tea too.... Love and Hugs Yolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would post the name of the groomer all ove rhteweb. We have Angie's List where you can "review" a merchant or workman. Meanwhile, that poor doggie needs some extra love. I would never leave my pet but would insist on staying with him or her. If they object that is a real danger signal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad..that puppy had to suffer through this mistreatment... Did you talk to the owner.... You could take it to the Better Business Bureau although depending what part of the Caribbean your in.. Can you find another pet groomer on the island? ....Congratulations on the re-opening of your blog..... Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that must have been painful for you little dog. They should not be working with animal if they can deal with them. I think I would write a letter and send it to my local newspaper with pictures. Where I live, there is a page dedicated in that newspaper where peoples can write about what is happening in the community and have their voices heard. We call it the
    " Forum ", you may have one too and be able to warn other dog owners...they should be held accountable...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's horrible. Maybe just a simple " I don't use (name) as a grooming place, placed in your car for a couple months. Drive everywhere you can so people see it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry this happened to your poor Frida....I agree with everyone above...I would spread the name and mistreatment of your animal all over the web and would also call my Vet and let them know...perhaps they will know of a place where you can officially file a complaint of the mistreatment....do you have an ASPCA? That would be another place to complain!!

    ReplyDelete